Ms. MacLeod is Assistant Chair for Air Carrier and General Aviation Maintenance of the FAA’s Aviation Rulemaking Advisory Committee (ARAC), a post she has held since 1996. She chaired the ARAC in 1995-1996 and was its Vice-Chair in 1994-1995. She was a member of the FAA’s Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUP) Task Force, which developed the plan on which the FAA SUP program is based; and she edited the Parts Manufacturer Approval Manual.
Ms. MacLeod and Marshall Filler have trained thousands of aviation professionals since 1996. Their FAA-accepted seminars focus on FARs that pertain to design, production and maintenance. Major aerospace companies, national authorities and trade associations sponsor these training programs worldwide.
A sought-after speaker, Ms. MacLeod has appeared at the Airline Suppliers Association Conference, Air Transport Association Engineering & Maintenance Forum, Coordinating Agency for Supplier Evaluation (C.A.S.E.) Air Carrier Section, Gorham Gas Turbine Engine Overhaul & Repair Conference, International Maintenance Symposium and Quality Control in Civil Aviation Conference.
Prior to her involvement in the aviation field, she served as a District Court investigator for Clark County (WA) Public Defenders.
• Management of the law firm
• Executive Director, Aeronautical Repair Station Association
Areas of Focus:
• Aviation safety regulation for design, production, and maintenance of civil aviation products worldwide
• J.D., The Catholic University of America, 1991
• B.A., Human Services, Evergreen State College 1978
• Assistant Chair, Air Carrier and General Aviation Maintenance, Federal Aviation Administration Aviation Rulemaking Advisory Committee
• Member, Virginia Bar Association
• Member, National Transportation Safety Board Bar Association
• Member, Association for Transportation Law, Logistics, & Policy