Christian A. Klein, is a managing member at Obadal, Filler, MacLeod, & Klein whose practice focuses on representing his clients on Capitol Hill and before federal agencies as a registered lobbyist.
Mr. Klein develops and implements strategic plans to impact domestic and international political developments that affect his client industries; organizes lobbying coalitions to advance his client’s interests; manages association government affairs programs and political action committees; serves as the primary media voice for his clients on public policy issues; and writes political newsletters, articles, and alerts to inform members of his client associations about developments in Washington. He also provides general counsel services to trade associations and corporations, with a special background in federal election campaign finance, antitrust, and equipment dealer-manufacturer law.
Mr. Klein has more than 15 years of experience in politics and political communications, having worked for a member of Congress, a congressional committee, and various Washington lobbying firms. While a law student, he founded PAC 20/20, a non-connected political action committee to influence the national Social Security reform debate.
• Vice President of Government Affairs and Washington Counsel, Associated Equipment Distributors
• Executive Vice President, Aeronautical Repair Station Association
• Government Affairs and Legal Counsel, American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association
• Adjunct Faculty, University of Virginia
Areas of Focus:
• Surface Transportation Policy
• Aviation Policy
• Federal Lobbying
• Public Relations Campaign Design
• Association Surveying and Analysis
• J.D. Catholic University of America, 1995
• M.A., Congressional Politics, Catholic University of America, 1995
• B.A., International Relations, College of William and Mary, with honors, 1992
• Post-graduate certificate, Public Relations, University of Virginia, 2005
• District of Columbia
• North Carolina (inactive)
• United States Supreme Court
• United States Courts of Appeals for the Armed Forces
• United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
• United States Courts of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
• Board of Advisors, Thomas Jefferson Program in Public Policy, College of William and Mary
• Academy of Political Science
• American Bar Association
• American Society of Association Executives
• State Equipment Distributor Laws, Associated Equipment Distributors (2009)
• Equipment Distribution Contracts: A Handbook for Successful Partnerships Between Distributors and Manufacturers. Associated Equipment Distributors (2005).
• “Federal Election Campaign Finance Law for Non Profit Organizations,” Published as part of Understanding and Advising Tax Exempt Organizations in Virginia. Virginia CLE (2005).